Compression socks are specialized socks with numerous health benefits. These healthy socks are usually made from particular type of materials and offer very important features to primarily protect your feet and help you achieve healthy legs. Compression nowadays are available in different styles, designs, and colors, so wearing them became easier and convenient just like wearing ordinary socks. If you are a healthy individual who’s considering to buy compression socks here are the best reasons why you should go for it.
Compression Socks Benefits
Almost everyone can benefit from compression socks. Its ability to boost blood circulation in the feet offers a lot of health advantages for various leg and foot problems. Normal blood supply in the feet is essential in keeping them healthy and safe, and this is well supported by compression stockings. They are made from specialized materials that provide the legs with graduated compression which helps blood flow freely, preventing clots and blood pooling at the lower part of the body.
- Compression socks are very useful in compression therapy for people suffering from venous disorders in the legs. Chronic venous insufficiency, varicose veins, venous leg ulcers, deep vein thrombosis, spider veins, and phlebitis are among the most common venous disorders affecting men and women. These conditions can greatly benefit from wearing compression stockings for its ability to improve blood circulation. Wearing compression stockings have been shown to reduce pain, tired and aching legs, swelling, intolerance to physical activities, and other symptoms of venous disorders.
- Compression Socks help relieve tiredness in the feet and legs after standing for extended period of time. It is beneficial for people who stand most of the time in their place of work and at home. Standing for long causes swelling and numbness in the feet and ankles, which are even made worse when your shoes are particularly uncomfortable. Compression socks provide the legs with graduated pressure that increases blood circulation to relieve pain, swelling, and fatigue on your lower extremities. The pressure from compression works by massaging your leg muscles so you will still feel comfortable throughout the day.
- Wearing compression stockings can benefit those who travel frequently by car or plane. Being in the same sitting position for a long period of time increases the risk for blood clots, often referred to as the “economy class syndrome”. As compression socks increases blood circulation, it reduces the risk for developing Deep Vein Thrombosis (blood clot in the vein), a condition that can lead to a fatal disease called Pulmonary embolism. Pulmonary embolism occurs when a blood clot from the leg or other parts of the body reaches the lungs and blocks the pulmonary artery. Compression stockings also help in reduce the aches, fatigue, and soreness felt in the legs and ankles post-travel.
- For athletes, compression socks provide support to their ankles and legs during workouts and training. By improving blood circulation in the legs, compression stockings allows for faster recovery and relief from leg pains, aches, soreness, and fatigue.
- Maternity compression socks help prevent pregnancy-related varicose veins in women. The increased weight and the baby cause a strain on the mother’s circulatory problems, leading to other ailments. Wearing compression socks also helps in relieving leg cramps, general achiness, and swelling, which are very common in pregnant women. By boosting blood circulation, compression socks help relieve the feeling of heaviness that moms-to-be feel in their lower body. Plus, support stockings help bring back the energy to the legs by bringing more blood and nutrients.