Vortex VI3500 Negative Ions Air Purifier
Using the wonders of miniature technology, the WEIN Vortex Vl-3500 Negative Ions Air Purifier imitates nature’s ionization process in a portable, efficient, and economical air purifier. It’s small enough to fit in any room, but powerful enough to clean big spaces
Benefits of Vortex VI3500
- Purifies the air of:* Dust, Mold Spores, Pollen, Smoke, Viruses, Fumes, Odors, Allergens
- Helps relieve fatigue, eye strain, headaches and irritability.
- Silent ionic precipitation air cleaner.
- Shown to help treat Seasonal Affective Disorder Depression in some people.
- No detectable ozone (well below OSHA standard).
- Made in the USA.
- Low operating costs (Less than 4 watts).
- Portable and travels with you.
How Vortex VI3500 Works
Beginning the moment you plug it in, the Vl-3500 releases a powerful stream of 3.4 trillion ions per second into the air in a pulsing “on-off” cycle. During the “on” cycle, powerful vortex waves of ions are electronically swirled into the air at a rate of 150 feet per minute, effectively washing the air of even the most microscopic pollutants. Meanwhile, a built-in ion detector monitors ion production levels. During the “off” cycle, the ionized pollutants fall harmlessly to the foam collector pad on the Vl-3500 or to the floor. The pollutants are removed during your normal vacuuming and dusting, and when you wipe the Vl-3500 pad clean.
And, unlike other ionization units, the Vl-3500 ion emitter stimulates airflow by discharging ions in a rapid, spiral vortex motion-actually drawing airborne pollutants to the device, instead of waiting for them to randomly pass near the unit.
An ion is a molecule which has gained or lost an electron. A positive air ion is a molecule that has lost an electron; a negative air ion is generally a molecule of oxygen with an extra electron. These charged atoms are created in nature by sunlight, moving water, moving air or radiation, all of which cause electrons to leave hydrogen, nitrogen and other molecules, and attach themselves to oxygen molecules.
Negatively charged ions are beneficial to the environment because they attract the positive ions found in dust, pollen, bacteria, cigarette smoke, mould spores-even toxic chemical fumes-and pull these microscopic hazards to the earth using electrostatic forces. With the contaminants no longer airborne, the air becomes cleaner and fresh smelling. In nature, rainfall is the most effective of all air cleaners-a typical shower produces trillions upon trillions of negative ions.
Learn more about the differences between HEPA and Ionic Air Purification
- Ion output: 3.4 trillion ions per second (measured at 1m away from emitting source)
- Ion monitor: Neon discharge pulse monitor.
- Coverage:800 sq. ft. (40′ x 20′ room).
- Power use: Less than 4 watts.
- Adapter: US Plug
- Input Power:100 – 240 VAC
- Output Power:12 VDC
- Particle effectiveness: As small as .01 micron.
- Purified airflow output: Greater than 150 feet per minute.
- Ozone output: No detectable ozone (well below OSHA standard).
- Warranty:1 year manufacturer warranty.
- Size:7 ¾” x 7 ½” x 1 ½”
- Weight:1 pound, 2 ounces.
- Material: High impact ABS.